Industrial Sugar Products
American Crystal produces many varieties of industrial sugar products for industrial customers. These products are marketed through United Sugars Corporation to a wide range of food manufacturers across the United States including those in confectionary, bakery, cereal, dairy, and bottling industries.
From bottlers, canners and liquid sugar to granulated sugar, light brown sugar and powdered sugar varieties, our high-quality sugar is at the heart of many commercial goods. Made from pure beet sugar, our commercial sugar products are widely used across many different types of food manufacturing industries.
United Sugars offers bottlers grades of liquid sugar, as well as several granulated sugars. In all of these cases, the sugar is analyzed to assure that the products meet the standards of the National Soft Drink Association in addition to our own sugar processing specifications.
To qualify as Canners Sugar, our granulated sugar and liquid sugar products are tested to assure that they meet the bacterial standards of the National Food Processors Association in addition to our own specifications.
Our Liquid Sugar is made by dissolving purified crystalline beet sugar in heated water, which is then filtered, cooked and stored. Liquid Sugar Type O has exacting chemical, physical and microbiological standards that make it ideal for use in products whose formulations receive limited processing. It’s used in soft drinks, canned and bottled products, dairy products, processed foods, confectionery, and is a quality sugar for baking.
- Bakers Special is our finegranulated sugar and was developed for the baking industry. This granulated sugar provides fine crumb texture and dissolves easily. It’s used in bakery products, cocoa mixes, powdered drink mixes, dry mixes and coatings for doughnuts and cookies.
- Coarse GranulatedSugar has a slightly smaller grain size than Sanding Sugar. As a result, it’s ideal for pneumatic handling. The crystal provides greater resistance to caking in less-than-ideal sugar storage conditions. Customers who pulverize sugar for use in their end product will find marked improvement in yield due to the sugar's crystal surface area and flow characteristics. Coarse GranulatedSugar is used in powdered sugar, powdered sugar drink mixes, candy, preserves, jams, jellies, condiments, dairy products, meats, canning, pickles, snack foods and bakery products.
- Cordial Sugar is a low color, floc-free version of FineGranulated Sugar. This version of granulated sugar is used in pharmaceuticals, cordials, liquors, and specialty candies.
- FineGranulated Sugar is one of the most widely-used and basic Crystal Sugar products, with varied uses throughout the food industry. Our FineGranulated Sugar is used in a wide range of applications including pharmaceuticals, jams, jellies, meats, chewing gum, dairy products, condiments, pickles, bakery products, cereals, liquid sugar, powdered sugar, candies, and powdered sugar drink mixes.
- Gelatin Sugar is a very fine and uniform sugar that lessens the separation of the final product. Gelatin sugar has excellent dissolving qualities and doesn’t settle, giving it proper head space in jars and canisters. It is used as a natural sugar in gelatin, desserts, pudding mixes, powdered sugar drink mixes, candy and bakery products.
- Sanding Sugar has a grain size that is quite large, which allows the crystal to reflect light. This gives the product a sparkle. This sugar is frequently used in products where physical appearance is important. Sanding Sugar is a popular sugar for baking and adds sparkle to cookies, jelly, candies, cotton candy, baked goods and gumdrops. It can also be used in colored sugar crystals.
- Unigran Sugar is a very uniform version of Fine Granulated Sugar and has virtually no fines. Because of the hygroscopic nature of sugar, Unigran was developed primarily for use in hot drink dispensing machines to assure continuous operation even though the machines and sugar were subjected to severe changes in temperature and humidity. It is used in coffee and cocoa mixes dispensed from hot drink machines, powdered drinks, drink mixes and cereal products.
- 6X Powdered Sugar has a small uniform particle size and is perfect for a wide range of bakery and confectionery products. It creates smooth texture and easy to spread properties for icings. 6x Powdered Sugar is used for icing and dusting, candies and pharmaceuticals.
- 10X Powdered Sugar is more finely milled than 6x and is ideal for dusting and icing a wide range of bakery and confectionery products. It is used for icing and dusting, candies and pharmaceuticals.
- Fondant and Icing Sugar is our finest milled powdered sugar. It provides excellent smoothness and spreadability. It creates ideal smoothness for cream fillings and candies. Fondant and icing sugar is used in icing and dusting, candy centers, and pharmaceuticals.
- Dark Brown Sugar is formulated to provide a rich, full-bodied molasses flavor and color. It is used in baked beans, bakery goods, smoked meats, confectionery products and icings.
- Light Brown Sugar has a sweet and mild caramel flavor and color. The exceptional flavor and aroma of finished goods is the result of the unique formulation of the brown sugar. Light Brown Sugar is used in bakery products, baked beans, cereals, icings, caramel corn, toppings, syrups and smoked meats.
Safety Data Sheets